What is Hadoop?
Hadoop is a frame work written in Java language which allows us to deals with large set of data using a simple programming model. The two core components of Hadoop are, HDFS – Hadoop Distributed file system for storage. Map Reduce – A programming model to process the data. Using Hadoop framework it is very easy to store and process the different variety and the huge volume of data.. Initially this open source framework started with just two core components – HDFS and map reduce. But later on there are more than 15 components were integrated to the ecosystem.
What we do at Besant Technologies, OMR for Hadoop?
We always encourage the students to explore more on all the components; as a result the candidates from every batch are able to deliver a PROOF OF CONCEPT. Below are some of the POCs done by our previous batch students
- A Web page added to HDFS web UI to upload the files to hadoop distributed file system.
- A complete English – English Dictionary application using MAP REDUCE program.
Whom Hadoop is suitable for?
Hadoop and Big Data related Technology is suitable for all the IT professionals who look forward to become Data Analyst / Data Scientist in future and those who have a good passion towards data handling techniques and to become industry experts on the same. Moreover, hadoop can be pursued by Java as well as non- Java background professionals (including Mainframe, DWH etc.)
Job Opportunity for hadoop?
The demand for Hadoop skills never dies as this technology is like the reactant of a chain reaction where one leads to the growth or creation of another. As we are living in Internet era, we know how much of data is getting generated every day in every aspects of our life starting from the social media, e-commerce, banking, etc… So, it is indispensible need to handle the data. A growing number of companies have begun to tap the technology to store and analyze petabytes of data such as weblogs, click stream data and social media content to gain better insights about their customers and their business. Hence there is a very huge demand for Hadoop professionals.
Hadoop Training Key Features
Besant Technologies offers Hadoop Training in Chennai in more than 9+ branches with expert trainers get training in other locations too Hadoop Training in Chennai and Hadoop Training in Bangalore. Here are the key features,
- 30+ Hours Course Duration
- 100% Job Oriented Training
- Industry Expert Faculties
- Free Demo Class Available
- Completed 500+ Batches
- Certification Guidance
Hadoop Training Batch Schedule
Here are the Hadoop Training Classes in Chennai Schedule in our branches. If this schedule doesn’t match please let us know. We will try to arrange appropriate timings based on your interest.
Hadoop Training Syllabus
Module 1 (Duration :06:00:00)
Introduction to Big Data & Hadoop Fundamentals Goal : In this module, you will understand Big Data, the limitations of the existing solutions for Big Data problem, how Hadoop solves the Big Data problem, the common Hadoop ecosystem components, Hadoop Architecture, HDFS, Anatomy of File Write and Read, how MapReduce Framework works. Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Big Data is a term applied to data sets that cannot be captured, managed, and processed within a tolerable elapsed and specified time frame by commonly used software tools.
- Big Data relies on volume, velocity, and variety with respect to processing.
- Data can be divided into three types—unstructured data, semi-structured data, and structured data.
- Big Data technology understands and navigates big data sources, analyzes unstructured data, and ingests data at a high speed.
- Hadoop is a free, Java-based programming framework that supports the processing of large data sets in a distributed computing environment.
Topics: Apache Hadoop
- Introduction to Big Data & Hadoop Fundamentals
- Dimensions of Big data
- Type of Data generation
- Apache ecosystem & its projects
- Hadoop distributors
- HDFS core concepts
- Modes of Hadoop employment
- HDFS Flow architecture
- HDFS MrV1 vs. MrV2 architecture
- Types of Data compression techniques
- Rack topology
- HDFS utility commands
- Min h/w requirements for a cluster & property files changes
Module 2 (Duration :03:00:00)
MapReduce Framework Goal : In this module, you will understand Hadoop MapReduce framework and the working of MapReduce on data stored in HDFS. You will understand concepts like Input Splits in MapReduce, Combiner & Partitioner and Demos on MapReduce using different data sets. Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand MapReduce involves processing jobs using the batch processing technique.
- MapReduce can be done using Java programming.
- Hadoop provides with Hadoop-examples jar file which is normally used by administrators and programmers to perform testing of the MapReduce applications.
- MapReduce contains steps like splitting, mapping, combining, reducing, and output.
Topics: Introduction to MapReduce
- MapReduce Design flow
- MapReduce Program (Job) execution
- Types of Input formats & Output Formats
- MapReduce Datatypes
- Performance tuning of MapReduce jobs
- Counters techniques
Module 3 (Duration :03:00:00)
Apache Hive Goal : This module will help you in understanding Hive concepts, Hive Data types, Loading and Querying Data in Hive, running hive scripts and Hive UDF. Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Hive is a system for managing and querying unstructured data into a structured format.
- The various components of Hive architecture are megastore, driver, execution engine, and so on.
- Metastore is a component that stores the system catalog and metadata about tables, columns, partitions, and so on.
- Hive installation starts with locating the latest version of the tar file and downloading it in the Ubuntu system using the wget command.
- While programming in Hive, use the show tables command to display the total number of tables.
Topics: Introduction to Hive & features
- Hive architecture flow
- Types of hive tables flow
- DML/DDL commands explanation
- Partitioning logic
- Bucketing logic
- Hive script execution in shell & HUE
Module 4 (Duration: 03:00:00)
Apache Pig Goal: In this module, you will learn Pig, types of use case we can use Pig, tight coupling between Pig and MapReduce, and Pig Latin scripting, PIG running modes, PIG UDF, Pig Streaming, Testing PIG Scripts. Demo on healthcare dataset. Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Pig is a high-level data flow scripting language and has two major components: Runtime engine and Pig Latin language.
- Pig runs in two execution modes: Local mode and MapReduce mode. Pig script can be written in two modes: Interactive mode and Batch mode.
- Pig engine can be installed by downloading the mirror web link from the website: pig.apache.org.
- Introduction to Pig concepts
- Pig modes of execution/storage concepts
- Pig program logics explanation
- Pig basic commands
- Pig script execution in shell/HUE
Module 5 (Duration :03:00:00)
Goal: This module will cover Advanced HBase concepts. We will see demos on Bulk Loading, Filters. You will also learn what Zookeeper is all about, how it helps in monitoring a cluster, why HBase uses Zookeeper. Objectives – Upon completing this module, you should be able to understand HBaseha’s two types of Nodes—Master and RegionServer. Only one Master node runs at a time. But there can be multiple RegionServersat a time.
- The data model of Hbasecomprises tables that are sorted by rows. The column families should be defined at the time of table creation.
- There are eight steps that should be followed for the installation of HBase.
- Some of the commands related to HBaseshell create, drop, list, count, get, and scan.
Topics: Apache Hbase GangBoard.com
- Introduction to Hbase concepts
- Introduction to NoSQL/CAP theorem concepts
- Hbase design/architecture flow
- Hbase table commands
- Hive + Hbase integration module/jars deployment
- Hbase execution in shell/HUE
Module 6 (Duration :02:00:00)
Goal: Sqoop is an Apache Hadoop Eco-system project whose responsibility is to import or export operations across relational databases. Some reasons to use Sqoop are as follows:
- SQL servers are deployed worldwide
- Nightly processing is done on SQL servers
- Allows to move certain part of data from traditional SQL DB to Hadoop
- Transferring data using script is inefficient and time-consuming
- To handle large data through Ecosystem
- To bring processed data from Hadoop to the applications
Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Sqoop is a tool designed to transfer data between Hadoop and RDBs including MySQL, MS SQL, Postgre SQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Sqoop allows the import data from an RDB, such as SQL, MySQL or Oracle into HDFS.
Topics: Apache Sqoop
- Introduction to Sqoop concepts
- Sqoop internal design/architecture
- Sqoop Import statements concepts
- Sqoop Export Statements concepts
- Quest Data connectors flow
- Incremental updating concepts
- Creating a database in MySQL for importing to HDFS
- Sqoop commands execution in shell/HUE
Module 7 (Duration: 02:00:00)
Goal: Apache Flume is a distributed data collection service that gets the flow of data from their source and aggregates them to where they need to be processed.
Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Apache Flume is a distributed data collection service that gets the flow of data from their source and aggregates the data to sink.
- Flume provides a reliable and scalable agent mode to ingest data into HDFS.
Topics: Apache Flume
- Introduction to Flume & features
- Flume topology & core concepts
- Property file parameters logic
Module 8 (Duration :02:00:00)
Goal : Hue is a web front end offered by the ClouderaVM to Apache Hadoop. Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand how to use hue for hive,pig,oozie. Topics: Apache HUE
- Introduction to Hue design
- Hue architecture flow/UI interface
Module 9 (Duration :02:00:00)
Goal: Following are the goals of ZooKeeper:
- Serialization ensures avoidance of delay in reading or write operations.
- Reliability persists when an update is applied by a user in the cluster.
- Atomicity does not allow partial results. Any user update can either succeed or fail.
- Simple Application Programming Interface or API provides an interface for development and implementation.
Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand ZooKeeper provides a simple and high-performance kernel for building more complex clients.
- ZooKeeper has three basic entities—Leader, Follower, and Observer.
- Watch is used to get the notification of all followers and observers to the leaders.
Topics: Apache Zookeeper
- Introduction to zookeeper concepts
- Zookeeper principles & usage in Hadoop framework
- Basics of Zookeeper
Module 10 (Duration :05:00:00)
Goal: Explain different configurations of the Hadoop cluster
- Identify different parameters for performance monitoring and performance tuning
- Explain configuration of security parameters in Hadoop.
Objectives – Upon completing this Module, you should be able to understand Hadoop can be optimized based on the infrastructure and available resources.
- Hadoop is an open-source application and the support provided for complicated optimization is less.
- Optimization is performed through xml files.
- Logs are the best medium through which an administrator can understand a problem and troubleshoot it accordingly.
- Hadoop relies on the Kerberos based security mechanism.
Topics: Administration concepts
- Principles of Hadoop administration & its importance
- Hadoop admin commands explanation
- Balancer concepts
- Rolling upgrade mechanism explanation
Besant Technologies offers 250+ IT training course in more than 20+ branches with 10+ years Experienced Expert level Trainers.
- Fully hands-on training
- 30+ hours course duration
- Industry expert faculties
- Completed 1500+ batches
- 100% job oriented training
- Certification guidance
- Own course materials
- Resume editing
- Interview preparation
- Affordable fees structure
Besant Technologies is the Legend in offering placement to the students. Please visit our Placed Students List on our website.
More than 2000+ students placed in last year. It has a dedicated placement portal which caters to the needs of the students during placements. Besant Technologies conducts development sessions including mock interviews, presentation skills to prepare students to face a challenging interview situation with ease.
- 92% percent placement record.
- 1000+ interviews organized.
Our trainers are more than 10+ years of experience in course relevant technologies. Trainers are expert level and fully up-to-date in the subjects they teach because they continue to spend time working on real-world industry applications. Trainers have experienced on multiple real-time projects in their industries.
- Are working professionals working in multinational companies such as CTS, TCS, HCL Technologies, ZOHO, Birlasoft, IBM, Microsoft, HP, Scope, Philips Technologies, etc…
- Trained more than 2000+ students in a year.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge.
- Are certified professionals with high grade. Are well connected with hiring HRs in multinational companies.
No worries. Besant technologies assure that no one misses single lectures topics. We will reschedule the classes as per your convenience within the stipulated course duration with all such possibilities. If required you can even attend that topic with any other batches.
Besant Technologies provides many suitable modes of training to the students like
- Classroom training
- One to One training
- Fast track training
- Customized training
You will receive Besant Technologies globally recognized course completion certification.
Yes, Besant Technologies provides group discounts for its training programs. To get more details, visit our website and contact our support team via Call, Email, Live Chat option or drop a Quick Enquiry. Depending on the group size, we offer discounts as per the terms and conditions.
We accept all major kinds of payment options. Cash, Card (Master, Visa, and Maestro, etc), Net Banking and etc.
Hadoop Training Reviews
Besant Technologies has been a unique and fulfilling experience. I would like to take up more training with Besant Technologies. Faculties also explaining the topics with live examples. The course content prepared by Besant Technologies is extremely inline with real-time client specifications. Thanks to Besant Technologies.
Great explanation of concepts through live examples. Everything about the training was absolutely amazing. Excellent Instructor and wonderful Customer Service. another thing I like to highlight is service after completion of course. As a learner, this is what we always look for. they always respond on time with answers. Highly recommend it.
It was a great experience with Besant Technologies. One of the best things I would say from this platform is providing high-quality content with highly skilled and experienced professionals as an instructor for each live course. Thanks to Besant Technologies for the wonderful learning experience!
It was a wonderful learning experience. Trainer's knowledge is impressive, and great teaching capability. The course content is great. The session was interactive which was very good. The Instructor will spend more enough time for us to understand the concept. Thanks to Besant Technologies.
Besant Technologies is the Best training Institute throughout my career. The course content is well-planned, comprehensive, and elaborate. The faculties were well experienced and the learning curve was really high. The support is always willing to help you out in various ways as promptly as possible. Thank you Besant Technologies. looking forward to other courses.
Let me start off by congratulating the entire Besant Technologies team for putting together such amazing content for their courses.I got more than what I am looking for and gathered so much information and confidence which makes me proceed in the direction which I wished to. Thanks for Besant Technologies and their team!!!
The courses were brilliantly designed to make the learners understand and gain confidence on what they are learning for. The instructor was very well determined and Focussed on Clear Examples. This reduces my effort of reading books and can start working immediately in the ongoing projects. Keep up the good work.
Very good learning experience. The classes were very smooth. The instructors were really good and delivered the course content very well. They had very good theoretical and practical knowledge of the respective courses. The support team at Besant Technologies is really good. Great Job! Thanks for the learning experience! Keep it up!!!
I had a good experience with Besant Technologies. The instructor had done a great job to explain each and every feature with a real-life example and provided hands-on live examples during the sessions. The course material was helpful and instructors were all very cooperative. very well done Besant Technologies.
The instructor was pretty good and strong on the technology side. The Faculty's vast experience in the technology was very handy for the students in connecting to the live examples. The support team is also very active. In case of any issue, they solve it as soon as possible. Highly recommended to everyone.
I really appreciate the Besant Technologies team. They are really doing a fantastic job. The course was good and well organized.The classes are practical oriented and it has been a great learning experience. I would be glad to recommend Besant Technologies to friends and colleagues. Thank You Besant Technologies!!
It is a very good experience to learn from Besant Technologies!. The session was very informative. The instructor seems excellent in sharing real-world experiences. I am very impressed and highly recommend Besant Technologies. Support team people are also really very cooperative and help out at there best.
It was an awesome learning experience. Definitely there is no doubt in saying that all the instructors at Besant Technologies are industry experienced and the support staff provides a quick response. The batches were also segmented from beginners- to advanced-level learners. I am very much thankful to Besant Technologies.
Besant Technologies has provided a unique opportunity for the students around the world to connect to some of the best tutors. The course fulfilled its purpose. The instructor was very good and prompt in responding to questions. I really recommend Besant Technologies training programs for career growth.
Besant Technologies Provide excellent Training with lots of demos and the course material is so well designed, The trainer explained the concepts with clarity & provided in-depth details. Great place to learn new things.Thanks to Besant Technologies.
Recently I have attended training by Besant Technologies. It was a fantastic learning experience for me. The instructor is having excellent knowledge of the subject and course content is also well organized. The staff is very supportive and always helped me with all the queries I had. Thanks to Besant Technologies!
The very good learning experience from Besant Technologies. The course content is available for a lifetime, the other most good one is you can avail the course anytime, even after completion of the course or missed classes. I personally recommend upgrading your skills which are trending in the market go for Besant Technologies.
My learning experience with Besant Technologies was very good. The instructor and 24*7 support were Excellent. I have not seen such a value for money anywhere in the world. I will keep taking many many courses with Besant Technologies!
I am very happy to be part of Besant Technologies to learn this course. The best thing about Besant Technologies is 24x7 support which makes the overall learning experience better. I look forward to more courses from Besant Technologies.
The great learning experience with Besant Technologies, Course content is perfect, to begin with, new or advance in career and Instructors are also very highly knowledgeable. The support team is very good. I will recommend Besant Technologies to everyone and will personally revisit them for my future learnings.
My learning journey was excellent at Besant Technologies!. The course content is very good to understand. The instructor is experienced and having the patience to clear all the doubts at training time. The training was well organized and structured. Best in the class support team, they will respond very quickly to your concerns. The study material and exercise are very good.
I had an awesome experience with Besant Technologies, The instructors are experienced and knowledgeable about the subject are very much appreciated. Moreover, the examples he used while explaining were outstanding and easy to understand. Overall, Thanks, Besant Technologies, for providing quality education.
A very good learning experience. Besant Technologies provides quality learning experience within affordable prices.The course has a clear direction, which is perfect for efficiency-oriented professionals like us!. Thank you, Besant Technologies.
It was a very good learning experience with Besant Technologies. The syllabus is systematically structured, and the Live sessions are explained with real-time examples. This makes the course more accessible to freshers with basic knowledge. Looking forward to completing it. Thanks, Besant Technologies Team.
Besant Technologies is a great institute for learning any Programming Language. The support staff is accommodating and professional. Any time you need any help, they are ready to provide it. I am also impressed with the teaching methods and techniques. I would highly recommend Besant Technologies to anyone for a great career.
I had an awesome experience in learning with Besant Technologies. The course structure is very well designed for novice to experienced IT and non-IT professionals. The trainers were fantastic. I would surely recommend Besant Technologies to others.
The awesome Learning experience from Besant Technologies. I liked their classes, provided during the course. The training material and trainer are up to the mark to get urself acquainted with the new technology. Very helpful support service from Besant Technologies. I recommend everyone to try courses from Besant Technologies, thousands are satisfied and daily making improvement in their profession.
Hadoop Trainer Profile & Placement
Our Hadoop Trainers
- More than 10 Years of experience in Hadoop Technologies
- Has worked on multiple realtime Hadoop projects
- Working in a top MNC company in Chennai
- Trained 2000+ Students so far
- Strong Theoretical & Practical Knowledge
- Hadoop certified Professionals
Hadoop Placement Training in OMR, Chennai
- More than 2000+ students Trained
- 93% percent Placement Record
- 1100+ Interviews Organized
Besant Technologies Official Branches
Plot No. 119, No.8, 11th Main Rd, Vijaya Nagar, Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600042Map Location
Old No:146/2- New, No: 48, Habibullah Rd, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017Map Location
180/84, 1st Floor, Karnataka Bank Building, Trunk Rd, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600116Map Location
1st Floor, No.2A Duraisamy, Reddy St, Near Passport Seva, Tambaram West, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600045Map Location
Plot no: 1371,28th street kambar colony I Block Anna Nagar West, Behind Reliance Fresh, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600040Map Location
22/67, 1st Floor, North mada street, Near, Valmiki St, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041Map Location
5/318, 2nd Floor, Sri Sowdeswari Nagar, Old Mahabalipuram Rd, Thoraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097Map Location
No.37, Ground Floor, Thiruvalluvar Salai, Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603209Map Location
No. 4/76, Ambedkar Street, OMR Road, Egatoor, Navallur, Siruseri, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600130Map Location